Feng Shui Errata
FENG SHUI: Shadowfist Roleplaying is a trademark of Daedalus
For more information on FENG SHUI, SHADOWFIST, and other
Daedalus inventions, visit our Web site.
For rules questions, send e-mail to Daedalus' president (and
designated e-mail junkie) Jose Garcia at email@example.com, or
better yet ask your question in public in the rec.games.frp.misc newsgroup
where other folks can see the answer.
If you don't have e-mail access, call Daedalus at (206)
232-3040, or send an SASE to FENG SHUI Rules Questions, PO Box
880, Mercer Island, WA 98040.
- Page 44
- Due to the artist's schedule, six character types were
cut from the FENG SHUI manuscript. One of these types, the
Gambler, is referred to several times in the manuscript. The
six types will be appearing in one of the early
- Page 48
- The Everyman Hero type had another Unique schtick that we
somehow lost track of in the production process. If you wanna
play the way we play at Daedalus, give the Everyman Hero a +1
AV for any creative attack with an improvised weapon. Pool
cues, barbells, frozen chicken dinners, weathervanes, beer
bottles, you name it. Don't let the Everyman Hero use the
same improvised weapon too many times to get the same bonus,
an improvised weapon that gets boring is no longer
- Page 49
- An earlier draft of the rules allowed you to buy multiple
schticks in Eagle Eye; each schtick gave you a bonus against
armor or something similar. We decided to just make it a
buy-it-once-and-you're-done schtick instead, but forgot to
take out the Eagle Eye 2 reference for the Ex-Special Forces
- Page 50
- The Ghost lists the Netherworld as a possible juncture.
That's accurate enough, but we didn't include full rules for
creating characters from the Netherworld in FENG SHUI. Look
for such rules in an upcoming supplement.
- Page 58
- There's a typo in the Old Master's statistics, and this
is an important one. Yes, his Chi = 10, but he has (For 0).
Fortune of zero, not Fortune of ten.
- Pages 75-76
- A textflow problem duplicates a few words in the
description of the Police skill.
- Page 89
- In the second paragraph under Rifles, both occurrences of
the words "or less" should be "or more."
- Page 114
- The explanation of the Blast schtick correctly states
that the base Damage value of a Blast is the sorcerer's Magic
rating/attribute + 2. Unfortunately the italicized example
gets it wrong, basing the Blast's Damage on the sorcerer's AV
+ 2, which is incorrect.
- Page 124
- If you absorb a Fu power/schtick using the Absorption
schtick, you get to use the normal Chi or Fu rating
(whichever is higher) of the martial artist whose Fu schtick
you've absorbed. If you absorb an Old Master's Fu schtick
that costs X, go to town!
- Page 127
- One of our Supernatural Creature schticks is missing! The
paragraph at the top of page 127 explains a power named
- Page 132
- The Crab's Impervious schtick only applies to gunfire
damage inflicted by opponents. Robin says that anyone who
wants to play otherwise is a cheesehead.
- Pages 133-134
- The explanation of the Fox's Swindle skill is missing
several lines. Beginning with the second sentence, it should
read: "If your Martial Arts check is successful then you may
-- on your next shot -- use that ability against any target,
using the character's relevant Action Value in the skill to
make any task checks. You may use the ability only once for
each successful use of Swindle. Choose a single type of
ability you can swindle when you take this schtick: either
arcanowave devices, creature powers, fu powers, or skills
other than sorcery..."
- Page 134
- The explanation of the Lurk schtick is also missing
several lines. The third and fourth sentences should read:
"If you are anything but perfectly still while lurking, the
GM adds at least 2 to the Difficulty of the check; the exact
penalty depends on how much you are moving. For each extra
schtick you spend on this ability, you may affect an
- Page 142
- The Arcanowave Device rules for Desperate Efforts are
totally crocked, they were meant to be the same as the rules
for Desperate Efforts for Sorcery that are detailed on page
112. Use the rules on page 112 substituting the words
Arcanowave Device for the word Sorcery.
- Page 142
- Two words missing at end of page: mundane gear.
- Pages 253-254
- Sneezy Teng and Ta Yu shouldn't have the Stunts skill,
since it no longer exists.
- Page 254
- Ta Yu is supposed to have a magic ring that increases his
Blast damage by 2. That's why his Blast does 14 points of
- Page 266
- The actress who plays the lounge singer in THE KILLER is
Sally Yeh, not Sally Yip.
Last modified: June 23, 1996; please send comments to